So ladies (and gents too!) are you looking for an easy way to reduce puffiness, ease wrinkles fight acne, promote blood circulation, and give your skin a healthy dewy look?!! Well, I have three words for you…Ice Cube Facials! I know it sounds a little odd but hear me out. Ice cubes are a very well known beauty treatment around the world. Not to mention these are a great way to cool off in the warmer weather. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, there are also many other benefits depending on the ingredients used to make your facials. The recipe below uses green tea and honey to help cleanse, soothe, and moisturize skin. However you can make with many ingredients currently sitting in your kitchen such as citrus juice, aloe vera, fruit purees, and apple cider vinegar. Get creative and come up with your own facial cube customized to your skin’s needs. Check out one of my favorite recipes below!
Green Tea & Honey Ice Cube Facial
5 ounces brewed green tea
2 tsp. organic honey
ice cube tray
toothpicks or sticks (optional)
1) Mix the honey in the green tea until well blended. This is easier to do if the tea is warm.
2) Pour the mixture into the ice cube tray
3) Put the ice cube tray in the freezer for 1-2 hours, just until it begins freezing.
4) Optional: Insert toothpicks or sticks into each piece of ice. This will make it much easier to apply to your face.
5) When completely frozen, apply to your face and neck area and allow the cube to melt on your skin. Rinse skin with cool water when complete.