If you are looking for a great summer treat for the kids that is both delicious and nutritious, look no further! These yummy frozen pops are packed with calcium, anti-oxidants, protein, and they taste wonderful!! Try them for yourself and let me know what you think!
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup milk
2 ripe bananas (the riper the better!)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 creamy peanut butter (*optional)
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
8 tbsp. mini dark chocolate chips
3 oz. paper cups (Use Dixie cups for small party size pops)
straws or popsicle sticks
1) In a blender, mix the milk, yogurt, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
2) Fill the bottom of 6 (number depends on size cup you use) paper cups with chocolate chips.
3) Pour the mixture evenly into each cup. Sprinkle the top of each cup with a few chocolate chips.
4) Place a straw or popsicle stick in each pop.
5) Place pops in the freezer for 2-4 hours until solid.
6) Once frozen, peel or cut the paper cups from around the pops and enjoy!