What’s better than pumpkin in the Fall? Add some chocolate and you have a delicious homemade treat!
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
powdered sugar, to garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees – Grease and flour the loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt TWICE.
3) In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla, and sour cream until smooth.
4) Make a “well” in the flour mix and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk together until smooth.
5) Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips
6) Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/3 cup chocolate chips on top.
7) Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
8) Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes.
9) Dust with powdered sugar