If you’ve followed this blog then you will know how much we are obsessed with DIY and homemade beauty (For example, Top 5 Homemade Sugar Scrubs for Body & The Beginner’s Guide to DIY Beauty & FREE Printable). So when I first came across the recipe for this shaving cream, I was super excited to try it! And it didn’t disappoint. Since then I have perfected the recipe a bit and can’t wait for you to try it!
This cream works well for most skin types and has been great at reducing razor cuts and bumps. It will leave your skin feeling very soft and smooth. It is easy to make although does require a little time and it’s all natural. The best part is that you may even be able to save yourself a little money by making it on your own.
Try it and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
*Please note that most of these ingredients can be purchased at your local grocery store in the oils or specialty foods sections.
*Yields 10-12 ounces
2/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 shea butter
4 tbsp. of olive, almond, jojoba, or vitamin E oil
4 tbsp. liquid castile soap
20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (use about half if you plan on adding other essential oils for scent such as Lavender or Vanilla)
- In a small pan, melt the shea butter and coconut oil over the low heat on the stove. Stir occasionally until completely melted.
- Add the other oils (not including castile soap) and stir until fully blended. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-sized bowl and place in the fridge until it’s solid about 2-3 hours.
- Remove from fridge. Whip the hardened mixture using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Whip until fluffy for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add castile soap and whip until fully combined.
- Spoon shaving cream into a large mason jar or plastic container with lid. And store in a cool, dry place.
To Use – Spread a thin layer on the skin and shave using a clean razor.