Welcome to the Best of The Pod page. We love to inspire our community with great tips and current useful information. You’ll find that and more right here on this page. Check out the twenty most popular articles on our site. Read them all at once or bookmark this page and come back later, it’s up to you! Enjoy!
1. The BEST Beauty Tips & Tricks – Is it bad that I still refer to this post on a regular basis to try new tips and tricks over a YEAR later? This post is jam packed with over FIFTY great tips. Easiest way to curl your hair? Check! Tips for a long lasting manicure? Check! The correct way to contour your face? Check! Everything from skincare tips to makeup tricks to haircare hints, it’s here!
2. The Truth About Dating A Single Parent – Our second most popular article ever, is a honest essay about dating as a single parent from our guest blogger, Ashley Sharie. In this post Ashley shares her views on the challenges of maintaining relationships while also balancing your responsibilities as a parent.
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: The BEST Pink Friendly Products – There is nothing more rewarding than supporting a good cause and breast cancer research is definitely one that is near and dear to my heart. A portion of the sale of every one of these products is donated to help support this very worthy cause.
4. National Beauty Month: The Top 5 Homemade Sugar Scrubs for Body – I absolutely love these recipes. They are inexpensive, easy to make, and leave your skin feeling (and smelling) fantastic. Not to mention that the sugar used in the recipes is much less harsh on your skin than most salt scrubs. Check these out now! You can thank me later 🙂
5. Creative (and Memorable) Ways to Announce Pregnancy – Are you expecting a new little bundle of joy? Before you announce your pregnancy to family and friends read this list to check out some awesome ways to announce the good news. My article originally appeared in the Carroll County Times.
6. How To Become A Master at Family Meal Planning – Are you looking for ways to save on your family’s grocery budget? Do you want to reduce some of the stress involved in getting meals on the dinner table? This helpful post not only gives you the best tips on how to effectively plan meals but also provides you with delicious meal ideas to help save time when you are starting out. Use this guide to help plan healthy meals and snacks for the whole family.
7. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Mammogram Q&A – Have questions about mammograms or need to know what to expect on your visit? Check out this great resource. Mammograms save lives!
8. DIY of the Day: Candy Cane Sleighs – I love that my last minute DIY holiday project is one of our top posts of all time! My husband and I had a blast making these as holiday party favors. If you need a unique idea for this year’s holiday party, you can’t go wrong with these cool crowd pleasers. They are easy to assemble and can be made for less than $5 each. Check them out!
9. The 5 BEST Day Trips for Families in the Mid Atlantic – Looking for something to do with the family in the Mid Atlantic states? If so, I highly suggest to start here. Check out some of the very best activities in the Delmarva and beyond!
10. How I Beat the Rat Race And Came Out on Top: My Journey To Entrepreneurship – Get to know a little about me, my background, and my family in one of my most personal articles to date. Be inspired to begin your own journey!
11. 31 Cheap and Brilliant Dollar Store Hacks – Everyone who knows me knows that I have had a long time addiction to the dollar store. Stores like the Dollar Tree and Michael’s are like my Toys R Us. I light up like a child when I walk in the doors. Call me crazy but they have so many great finds; and since they are all affordable you are only limited by your creativity. Check out this post for some cheap and easy DIY ideas that look like they are from a high-end store.
12. DIY of the Day: Halloween Ribbon Wreath – When I originally reblogged this cool little DIY project, I just thought it was really cute and seemed easy to make. Little did I know it would turn out to be one of the most viewed posts on my blog. The best part is this DIY can be adapted for any season or event. See for yourself!
13. Eats & Treats: Maryland Crab Dip – If you do nothing else this year, you must try this dip! It’s as if this dip was carried down from the heavens by angels. Maybe I am being a bit dramatic…but this stuff is gooooood! Creamy and flavorful, this dip is sure to please everyone.
14. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Stats, Facts, Truths, & Myths – Educate yourself and learn about some of the staggering statistics of breast cancer!
15. Top 10 Most Popular Theme Parties for Kids – The things we do for our kids! Am I right?! Make your little one’s birthday wishes come true with party ideas from this great slideshow. Pirates, Clowns, and Wizards, oh my!
16. Eats & Treats: Your 7 Course Thanksgiving Meal Planner – I realize Thanksgiving is a distant memory at this point but the recipes on this list can certainly be enjoyed far beyond the holiday. You especially won’t want to miss the Honeycrisp Apple Sangria! Delicious 🙂
17. Age Appropriate Chore Ideas for Kids – Help your child learn responsibility and time management by assigning them with a few weekly household chores.
18. Top 10 Indoor Plants That Improve Air Quality – Bring summertime indoors with the awesome collection of air purifying plants! And learn about the benefits of several common houseplants.
19. Fall Family Bucket List: 50 Amazing Activities – Don’t suffer one day of boredom with this fantastic list of fall activities the whole family can enjoy. Develop a new family tradition or plan surprise outings for an exciting event.
20. 13 Tips for Saving $1300 on Your Grocery Bill This Year – It can be a struggle to feed a large family on a small budget, especially if you are health conscious and prefer to buy organic. However, with a little planning and effort, it is possible to shave money off of your grocery budget. What would you do with an extra $1300 in your pocket? Check out some of my best tips right here.
* Please note that this page is updated on a seasonal basis. This page last updated 11/30/15.